X-Crystals are an economic mechanism in Tanki X. X-Crystals can be obtained by online purchases in the game- as opposed to Tanki Online, where players can directly buy crystals. Each X-Crystal is worth 10 ordinary crystals.
X-Crystals have a few roles in Tanki X:
- Synthesized- X-Crystals can be turned into ordinary crystals. Each X-Crystal is worth 10 crystals. The interface for doing so offers several option: synthesizing 100, 500, 1500, 4,000, 8,000 or 12,000 crystals, but there is no different in which option the player chooses; choosing higher values doesn't give an extra bonus or discount- it merely lets the player convert crystals in less steps.
Purchase exclusive items
- The Polar and Coal paints.
- The Steel skin (400 X-Crystals), as well as XT versions of items (850 X-Crystals).
Get items for less crystals
When converted to crystals, each X-Crystal is worth 10 ordinary crystals. Certain items can be bought either by crystals or X-Crystals. In cases like that, the value of X-Crystals required for buying the item is much smaller than the amount the player would otherwise have to pay using ordinary crystal. This means that for a given amount of
n X-Crystals, instead of converting it to
10n crystals to buy an item, the player can pay for item using X-Crystals, and still have some left, which can be converted after the transaction or saved up.
- Paints that would normally cost 2,000 crystals can be bought for 115 X-Crystals. In terms of value, this is a 42.5% discount.
- Unique ammunition. In addition, ordinary ammunition can be bought for 30 X-Crystals, instead of 50 crystals (40% cheaper).
- The Gold skin can be bought for 250 X-Crystals instead of 5,250 crystals (52.38% cheaper).
When buying X-Crystals (in USD), each dollar is worth roughly 62 X-Crystals. However, buying large quantities of X-Crystals gives an extra bonus: