|Fast, with negligible armor. Its high speed and maneuverability take skill control, but allow it to perform well on cramped maps. Great with short-range guns.|
Wasp is a light hull in Tanki Online. It is the lightest, as well as fastest, among the hulls, but has the lowest protection in exchange to speed. The lightest and fastest hull after Wasp is Hornet. It is first available at the rank of Recruit.
Wasp, while low on protection, is packed with speed. It is also very unstable and maneuvering takes practice, and recoil from long-range weapons is often enough to flip it. These characteristics have also made Wasp a popular hull in parkour games, and in Format Battles it has its own type- BP- a combination of Wasp and Railgun. It is also the first hull to become available to new players, along with Hunter.
Pros and Cons
- Very fast
- Offers good maneuverability
- Its small dimensions allow Wasp to go through narrow places and to easily hide
- Ideal for parkour
- Has the lowest armor in the game
- Low weight- can be pushed easily
- Can get flipped easily with high-recoil turrets
Wasp is very fast, and can also circle around enemies without their turret catching up, which makes the usage of close-range turrets such Firebird and Freeze very good combinations of Wasp. When used with Isida, it also makes an ideal combination for quickly locating teammates with low health and healing them. Its speed can also make taking the enemies' flag and retreating in the CTF mode take very little time.
Its small size also allows it to go through small holes in some of the maps, and also to hide behind small obstacles. It can also be hidden easily, especially with the right usage of paints.
- Wasp M1- M1 wasp gets faster, stronger and quicker in turning than before. It gets a new set of tracks and a "skirt" to cover the wheels from damage. It will be further extended through more upgrades.
- Wasp M2- Wasp M2 is further powered up as you would expect. It gets a stylish skirt and a change in tracks. It becomes noticeably faster, more protective and better at turning than before.
- Wasp M3- At M3 Wasp is changed significantly again. Its skirt now covers almost all of the wheels, the tracks are changed and the tank gets a little blue light on its left side. Its instability and low weight allow it to climb up walls and do tricks which other tanks cannot. When Double Armor is used, it is as protective as Mammoth M2.
Table of characteristics
- It is the fastest, smallest and least protective hull in Tanki Online