|M1 rank||Warrant Officer 4|
|M2 rank||Lieutenant Colonel|
|A gun with unlimited firing duration. Effective at short to mid ranges. Its high rate of fire makes it ideal for supressing enemies. Works well with any hull.|
Twins is a turret in Tanki Online, which is unlocked at the rank of Recruit. It is a double-barreled weapon which shoots colored orb-like plasma projectiles- each time from a different barrel. It is mostly effective in short and mid ranges.
Twins, unlike any other gun, has a very fast reloading time - 4 shots per second. Instead of having a limited magazine- like Ricochet does- its magazine is fully reloaded after each round is shot (each 0.25 seconds), which allows it to shoot nonstop. The projectiles pack a relatively low damage, yet has a large knock back to it. With the high firing rate of Twins, they can cause high damage to a target in a very little time.
Its projectiles disappear over distance- with an increased distance with each upgrade- and can auto-aim if they pass close enough to a target. The plasma projectiles also deal splash damage upon impact, and can therefore also deal self-damage.
The turret itself has a fast rotation speed, yet not too fast, which- along with the auto-aiming- allows it to continuously hit targets in mid-range.
One of the main characteristic of Twins is the color of its projectiles, which change for each M upgrade. They are bright blue for M0, purple for M1, yellow for M2 and green for M3.
Pros and Cons:
- High fire rate
- High impact force
- High damage per second (highest damage-per-minute in the game)
- Significant auto-aiming
- Very cheap at M0
- No cool down between shots
- Deals splash damage
- Can deal self-damage
- Each round deals small damage
- Cannot hit far targets
- Most expensive turret in the game, in terms of buying all M upgrades
- Shooting moving targets can be tricky
- Lots of shots are needed to finish something off.
- Hard to shoot from a distance.
- Teammates as well as enemies find it annoying
The Twins' high impact force and damage make it ideal for several roles in the game. In Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch it is very good for achieving a high kill to death ratio. For CTF, when used with a medium or a heavy hull, it is incredibly good for guarding the team flag. In the CP mode, it is useful for guarding points, as well as for raiding on an occupied point and capturing it.
When used in close combat, its high impact force makes it very easy to knock the opponent's aim, and therefore allows Twins to kill the enemy with minimum damage in return. Twins can also flip light hulls over due to its impact force.
- Twins M1- has an increased impact force and rotation speed. The auto-aiming radius is doubled by 4, and the damage is increased by roughly 57%. The projectiles are now purple.
- Twins M2- the turret's parameters are are increased- not as much as the ratio parameters of the transition from M0 to M1- yet make it a very powerful weapon. The projectiles become yellow at this upgrade. Unlike all other upgrades, when the projectiles are generated at the end of the turret they have a different color- pink.
- Twins M3- the turret's damage grow by about 15%, and it gets a significant rotational speed boost, as well as an increased auto-aiming. The projectiles are now green.
Table of characteristics
- It is one of the turrets used by Godmode_ON, along with Thunder.
- Before Vulcan was introduced, it was the only multiple barrel firearm in the game.