|M1 rank||Warrant Officer 3|
|An anti-tank missile launcher best suited for mid to long range combat. This turret is equipped with a laser aiming system for firing homing missiles. Missiles will damage any enemy within the blast radius, including the tank firing them if it is standing too close. This turret can be mounted on any hull, but a heavier hull is recommended for easier aiming.|
Striker is a 4-barreled missile launcher. The missiles are homing missiles, meaning that they will attempt to somewhat curve towards the target if the enemy moves. Striker has 2 firing modes:
- In a similar manner to Shaft, it has an arcade mode, where the player presses space and immediately releases the space bar. In this case, a single homing missile will be fired
- If the player keeps holding space, a laser beam similar to Shaft's will be turned on, marking the point at which Striker is aiming. Any enemy tank in the field of view will be highlighted with a greed, rounded square. When aiming the laser at an enemy, a green, circular progress bar will begin loading around that target. If it reaches 100%, 4 missiles will be fired in a row towards that target. Losing contact with a target for too long (a very brief time) makes the progress bar disappear, and re-aiming at it will restart the progress bar. Releasing the space bar disables the progress bar, but doesn't fire a single missile either
The missiles will keep following the position of a target even if that means hitting an object in front of the tank, and thereby causing no damage to the target.
In addition, the missiles deal splash damage to any target near the explosion. Just like with Thunder, the firing tank can take self-damage if the missiles explode too close, but that damage can be cancelled out using a dedicated protection module.
Pros and Cons
- High damage
- Can hit multiple enemies
- Each missile causes splash damage
- Homing missiles can correct their course
- Huge range
- Relatively low reload time
- Good choice for parkour.
- Aiming the laser marker to reach 100% loading can be difficult
- Can deal self-damage
- Homing missiles can curve into obstacles and explode before reaching the target
- (Decently)Slow reload time: Opponent can kill you before you finish reloading.
- Will reset it's reload time when a target escapes.
On January 11, 2017, its reload speed has been slightly increased, as well as the angular velocity of the missiles, and the maximum time allowed to lose contact with the target without the aiming reload being reset.
Table of characteristics
Sources and references
|Turrets||Firebird • Freeze • Isida • Hammer • Twins • Ricochet • Smoky • Vulcan • Thunder • Striker • Railgun • Shaft|
|Hulls||Wasp • Hornet • Hunter • Viking • Dictator • Titan • Mammoth|
|XT items||Smoky XT • Firebird XT • Thunder XT • Railgun XT • Wasp XT • Hornet XT • Viking XT • Vulcan XT • Mammoth XT|
|Supplies||Repair Kit • Double Armor • Double Damage • Speed Boost • Mine|