Player's rank shows his overall progress in the game. Players are initially given a "Recruit" rank and are promoted to new ranks automatically as they earn the required number of score points (see table below).
There are several ways in which ranks are involved in the gameplay:
- Each battle has a "rank limit" set for it at creation time. Only players whose ranks are within this limit are allowed to join the battle.
- Each weapon upgrade, hull upgrade, and paint becomes available for purchase only from specific ranks (e.g. Twins M3 becomes available when player is promoted to Field Marshal rank; see individual weapon/cover pages for information on their rank availability).
- Most of the maps also have an associated minimum rank required to create battles and to participate in battles on this map.
- When a battle is created, the "width" of rank limit available for choice by its creator depends on his rank (see table below; e.g. battles created by Master Sergeant are limited to 5 contiguous ranks)
- The battle fund increases each time a tank is destroyed. The increase amount depends on the destroyed tank's rank (see table below, "Kill Value" column).
- Daily Gifts size depends on the rank.
- You also get crystals every time you rank up.