|M1 rank||Staff Sergeant|
|There is no match for this ones armor, although your grandmother would beat it in race. A fortress of a tank, chosen by those who are in no hurry and prefer to shrug off anything the enemy throws at them. Works best with long-range guns.|
Mammoth is the heaviest and slowest among all hulls, and in exchange for its mobility has the most protective armor. The point on which the turret is mounted is located on the very front, and its rear is long and low.
It is, along with Titan, one of the two heavy hulls in the game and, despite being heavy, Mammoth has less power than, which means that a Titan is capable of pushing a Mammoth face-to-face.
Pros and Cons
- High health.
- Very affordable (except for its M3 upgrade). Also cheap in terms of buying all upgrades.
- Nearly impossible to flip.
- Very slow.
- Poor turning speed.
- Its large dimensions make it a clear target.
Although being slow means being more vulnerable, especially to medium to long-range turrets, Mammoth packs a huge amount of armor, which makes it perfect for a variety of uses.
First of all, with roles at which speed comes second to armor and fire power, such as guarding control points and flags, Mammoth can be used to attack any enemy that gets near the guarded area and eliminate it before getting too close.
Despite its low speed, with the right combination of supplies and possibly teammate Isidas, a Mammoth enables a team to break into the enemy's base can cause major destruction. This is particularly good in the CTF mode for creating a diversion. If it is in the front of a line of tanks, it will become a barrier of some sort.
In the Deathmatch mode, its high protection allows it to achieve a high kills/deaths ratio. It also works almost psychologically, since an enemy who faces a heavily-armored Mammoth and another, lighter hull, is more likely to focus on hitting the lighter hull, allowing the Mammoth to avoid attacks without the need of speed.
Mammoth works very well with long-range turrets, as the garage description suggests, due to the fact that most most hits by far-away enemies will reach their minimum damage before hitting the Mammoth tanker, and the hull's good armor will protect the player of enemy Shafts and Railguns- which do not have their damage decreased over distance- very well.
Mammoth, however, can perform very well with short to mid-range turrets, in particular when the turret has a high rate of fire (e.g. Twins, Smoky and Firebird). When used with Isida, for example, the self-healing ability will allow a Mammoth to last much longer in battle, and make it very difficult to destroy at a close range.
- Mammoth M1- the hull gets slightly upgraded, speed gets higher, becomes heavier, is more maneuverable. Other than that you get two holders on your tank's front end, which will be used to hold the headlights in the M3 upgrade.
- Mammoth M2- the tank gets noticeably faster and stronger in this upgrade, you can see visual differences as well. This upgrade is unlocked at a high rank of Major so that battles are evenly equal in firepower as well as strength.
- Mammoth M3- this version is very protective, and is nearly as fast as Titan M0. It gets blue headlights on the front and the wheels get a shiny new look. In addition, there is a major increase in weight and power.
Table of characteristics
- It is known to be the hull used by Godmode_ON.
Sources and references
|Turrets||Firebird • Freeze • Isida • Hammer • Twins • Ricochet • Smoky • Vulcan • Thunder • Striker • Railgun • Shaft|
|Hulls||Wasp • Hornet • Hunter • Viking • Dictator • Titan • Mammoth|
|XT items||Smoky XT • Firebird XT • Thunder XT • Railgun XT • Wasp XT • Hornet XT • Viking XT • Vulcan XT • Mammoth XT|
|Supplies||Repair Kit • Double Armor • Double Damage • Speed Boost • Mine|