|M1 rank||Warrant Officer 2|
|M2 rank||Second Lieutenant|
|A light hull for those who want above average speed without completely trading off on armor. With its tendency to skid around corners, Hornet is a tough hull to maneuver but is nonetheless very steady. Looks great with any gun.|
Hornet is the second fastest hull in the game. Its speed is very close to Wasp's, but it is packed with extra protection. Despite being a lighter hull than Hunter, it is slightly heavier and has more power.
When using Speed Boost, maneuvering the hull in sharp corners can get the tank flipped if the player is not careful enough.
As of 2015, Hornet is also the most used hull in the game, used roughly by 50% of the players.
Pros and Cons
- Very cheap- the cheapest hull to buy and upgrade to M3, and the only one that requires less than 300,000 crystals for doing so
- Second fastest hull in the game
- Good for capturing flags in CTF
- Good for parkour
- Its small dimensions make it a smaller target, and allow it to go through narrow places
- Does not complete trade off armor for speed
- Lacks protection
- Unstable in corners, especially when using Speed Boost
- Can be flipped relatively easily
- Its M1 upgrade is the second most expensive (after Hunter)
- Flips over when driving too fast.
Being just a little bit slower than Wasp, yet having more protection, gives it a range of applications when speed is crucial, but survival is still essential. One of them is tanking the enemy's flag in Capture The Flag- the high speed allows the player to return to safe zone with no procrastination, and thereby reducing the chances of getting hit by fire; catching up with and escorting teammates with Isida and Hornet, and healing them; using Firebird or Freeze with it, which perform very well with light hulls, and the textra protection of Hornet allow the player to last longer.
It also plays a major role in the map Monte Carlo, where it can be used to jump off the map's ramps over the abyss and to safe ground on the other side, allowing it to make shortcuts, which is especially useful good in the CTF and CP modes.
In addition, its high speed makes it popular fo parkour. When used with a high recoil turret, and then accelerating and turning to the direction of a nearby, Hornet can climb on top of that other tank, which is also useful for catching Gold Boxes.
Known for its beautiful wings and flawless look. Hornet XT has the exact same parameters as regular Hornet M3. Hornet XT was added back into the game on July 14, 2015 along with Daily Missions - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Hornet differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.
Learn more in Main Article:
- Main article: Hornet XT
Table of characteristics
Micro-upgrade STATS (OUTDATED)
- Table shows STATS for completely micro-upgraded Hornet XT M0, M1, M2, AND M3.
Sources and references
- ↑ Was confirmed in one of the V-Logs (around 50)- needs the correct link though